18 November, 2007

Foolok - Small Combination

For a change today, I went to Foolok. Purchasing the small combination $7.70 (I didn't want to slide down into a Chinese food coma during the afternoon at work), gives you the chance to fit as much food as you can on a small plate, with about the area of 3750mm squared.

Starting with a base of fried rice and egg noodles, I added chicken curry, BBQ pork, seafood things, sweet and sour pork balls, and satay vegetables.

Presentation: I am unable to judge this on presentation due to the self serve nature of the establishment. (N/A)

Size: The size of this was good, I probably piled the plate a little higher than I should have in my attempts to see what would and wouldn't stay on top of my food hill. Due to purchasing the small, the repeat factor throughout the afternoon (as bain-marie Chinese is want to do) was minimal, and I didn't feel bloated. I had enough so I was full, but it didn't sit too heavy in my stomach as it would have it I had eaten any more. (7/10)

Value for Money: At $7.70, this was a little more expensive than I feel a small plate of Chinese is worth. (5/10)

Quality: The egg noodles and BBQ pork are some of the best I've had from a food court Chinese shop. The fried rice and chicken curry were standard. Of interest were the seafood things, more of interest because I wasn't sure what was in them and I'm still not. (7/10)

Overall: Overall this was a good lunch for what I was in the mood for. The self serve nature means that you can't complain about the amount that you eat, or the lack of choice (unless there's nothing left to serve yourself with). For the price I paid the Iced Tea I got to wash all the food down with should have been included. (6.5/10)

Winner: KEBAB!
beats Foolok

No comments: