28 October, 2007

Rockmelon Smoothie - Beetle Juice


For something different, I tried a smoothie after my lunch, in order to wash down the dryness of the bread from MYO. The
rockmelon baby from Beetle Juice, is a standard smoothie. Rockmelon, banana, and a few other fruits/fruit ice creams/juices are blended together for a beverage.

Beetle Juice have recently (past 3 months) come under new management, and since then the speed with which you are served has drastically got slower. The new manger has had a sign saying that the new menu is coming for the last 4 weeks now, and we're still not any closer to having any idea as to what it is.

The shop has a loyalty program that gives you every 5th smoothie free (assuming you grab a card and get it stamped). Also selling fruit juices, blends and some muffins, yoghurt, other drinks and average coffee, Beetle Juice is a favourite of many for the 'red bull smoothie' it serves for that extra caffeine hit.

Presentation: 7/10 It's a drink in a cup, not much you can do with that.

Size: 8/10 A large smoothie I can walk down two blocks, back into the office and drink it down over the next hour, getting my sugar fix and keeping me awake after a big food court meal.

Value for Money: 6.5/10 for an extra dollar you get another 250mL or so in the cup for the upgrade to large. Timeliness is an issue, I'd be happy paying what I pay for a drink made a minute or so faster, or for one with fresh fruit in the same amount of time.

Quality: 5/10 Mostly frozen fruit or icecream is used, In my fruit drinks, I have a preference for fresh fruit (which would take a little longer to prepare, but the final quality in my opinion would be worth it).

Overall: 6.5/10 Sometimes you just need a liquid pick-me-up.

No comments: