11 October, 2007

The Carvery - Roast Beef Roll

The Carvery is a roast meat shop, serving Roast Lamb, Pork, Beef and Turkey. They also offer a number of combinations and sides.

For a Roast Beef Roll with cheese, gravy and coleslaw, a side of Potato Chips and a can of soft drink (or bottle of water) they will take $10.90 from you, a pretty good deal considering the stack of chips I received on my plate.

Presentation: Carved in front of you, the fat cut off, and made fresh. There's enough meat and gravy in the roll for a medium size lunch without having to have any sides. Because of the nature of the meats, the fat is carved away if need be, and it is a quite healthy option for food court food. Once the roll was made (They put the coleslaw in m
y roll), it was shoved to the side of the plate in order to fit about my head's size worth of chips in a space of a hand. 6/10

Size: A good size for a hungry lunch. If I partake in consumption at this establishment again, I will not be getting a side of chips. The roll itself will do for me. 8/10

Value for money: Pretty good value, again, giving you different options as to what you want to eat and how much you want to spend, as per usual side options are probably overpriced (for a handful of cheese, $0.50). 7.5/10

Quality: The roll was rather good, fresh bread. Beef was cooked enough so still juicy, not too dry, and yet still had a tint of red through it, just the way I like it. There could have been more coleslaw, but not too much. The chips weren't crash hot, not really crunchy, but they had today's worth of potato in them... 6/10

Overall: I'd eat there again, probably choosing a different option, but what I had today was just about right for what I was looking for. 7.5/10

Winner: Roast Beef Roll or Kebab? Evens. On Par. Level Pegging

No comments: